Thursday, January 1, 2009

39 weeks - Induction scheduled

At our 39th week appointment, Baby Alessia is still NOT ENGAGED. The doctor ordered an ultrasound to see how big this baby actually is. My blood pressure was slightly elevated at 130/90, the week before it was 120/78. Maybe it was all the food I ate over Christmas, LOL.

The ultrasound measurements had Alessia at least two weeks behind, with an estimated weight of 6lbs and 11oz.

Doctor recommended us to schedule an induction due to the baby not growing much in the last two weeks coupled with an elevated blood pressure.

So Friday night I will be admitted and started with p-gel to rippen the cervix. The doctor will come Saturday to break my water if I am 2cm dilated. Then they will start me on Pitocin.

This is exactly what I didnt want to do so I am a little bummed but at least we will finally get to meet her this Saturday! Pray for us!

No comments: