I asked Micahel for a romantic candlelight dinner on October 14th for Sunday night since I was flying out for four days to Argentina on Monday morning. He obliged.
I set up the formal dinning area with china, candles, etc while he was watching Sunday night football. I made two plates at a pottery party awhile back with a stork and baby drawn on the center of each plate. I painted one PINK and purple that said Sorola Sugar. The second plate I painted BLUE with green that said Sorola Spice. How did I get so creative? I stole the idea from the example at the store....
I baked his favorite cake in a heart shaped pans and placed a single layer on each plate, then I hid them both. The idea was for him to eat to the center of the plate, see the stork with baby and me say "we're pregnant".
So when he went to pick up our take out dinner, LOL, I set up the video camera across the hall to video the entire thing.
When he returned and saw the setup and me pouring caffine free diet coke, he asked ARE YOU PREGNANT? Just tell me! I couldnt stop laughing and some how I brought myself together and said: You're making me feel bad that I am not pregnant and I am going to cry if you continue....that stopped him in his tracks. Then when we were eating and I was serving him, he said again: What is going on, you are being TOO nice lately! I was like What The Heck does that mean. But I just laughed it off since we were on camera.
Eventually he got down to the middle of the cake and I gave him a "we're expecting" card with the digital HPT that said "pregnant". We kissed, high fived and opened a bottle of champagne. It worked awesome, I loved it.
Of course, he said he knew something was up the whole time.....Then I told him he was being recorded the whole time too!
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment