Sunday, January 11, 2009

Alessia Callie's Birthday

Well we were admitted to the hospital on Friday night. Of course, this was after we went out for steaks at Outback with Michael's parents. You know, the last supper....
We arrived around 8:30pm, was in our labor and delivery room by 9:00pm where they check you in bedside, nice. IV is inserted, a bag of saline and Magnesium for high blood pressure (PIH) is started.

At 10:30, they give me a dose of Cycotec to rippen the cervix and inducement begins. Two Ambiens later, I am out of it when they give me another dose of Cycotec at 2:45am. THen at 4:25am, I start cramping painfully, then I hear a loupd pop, satup and my water had broken. This was no twinkle, full force and the contractions begin....

I progressing along with cervix dilating and epidural is given by 7:30am, the doctor visits me and starts pitocin. At 3:30pm, I am at 9cm but the baby sill not low. At 4:15, I am 10cm and baby is STILL HIGH!!!

We begin pushing at 5pm and there is decelaration in the baby's heartbeat, not good. I am told that could be that the baby's cord is wrapped around her neck. We push for two hours during which the doctor asks if we would like to attempt vacuum suction. Tried and failed, time for c-section.

At 7:13pm, as my epidural is wearing off, we enter the operating room. I feel a sharp scapal! Must wait another 20 minutes for epidural top off to take effect. They wait 10 minutes and begin the surgery, I feel pressure only by now. At 7:42pm, Alessia Callie Sorola is delivered!

In the labor and delivery, pushing and doctor using the vacuum:




Moving onto the OR for C-section:












6 comments:

Claudia said...

She's too cute....can't wait to meet her in person...congrats!

Claudia

Anonymous said...

OMG! She might be the most beautiful little girl I have ever seen!!! She's so tiny, like a little doll! I can't wait to meet her! God Bless and hang in there! Sounds like your labor and delivery was no fun at all! Take those pain meds girl!

The Femats said...

She is precious... love that last little picture of her... She was such a good baby yesterday, letting all these strangers hold her... Let us know when you need a sitter :) We can come over and stay with her to give you and Mike a little break to grab dinner or something!

Shayna said...

She's beautiful Anissa and Michael!!! I can't wait for our little girls to meet!

That was quite the labor experience Anissa! Puts mine to shame! lol

jbutterfly321 said...

Anissa & Michael! Congrats to you both. Your baby is a Doll! I had Daisy send me pics right away. They were so sweet. I'm so glad it all turned out good, but OMG that must have been the longest day & night for you both! Great job on the nursery too!! VERY PRETTY! :0)

~*justina*~

Kim said...

She's adorable, in one pic she looks alot like Aunt Callie, can't wait to see her in person, Love you guys! Kim ~